Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 4



























Saturday, we had a whole free day, so I planned a full day. For breakfast I ate at the Two Windmills Cafef, where Amelie was filmed. Only the counter really looks like the film, but it was still very cute. I started off at L'hotel Ville and walked across to Notre Dame and walked across the Seine to the Left Bank and stopped into the bookstore Shakespeare and Company. I've always wanted to go. Its an English bookstore, full of nooks and crannies. Then I walked past the Sorbonne and towards the Luxembourg Garden, I walked around there and drank an Orangina. It was lovely. Full of sculptures, fountains and flowers. Then I trekked to the Cemetary Montparnasse, I wanted to visit the grave of Serge Gainsbourg, Jean-Paul Sarte and Jean Seberg are buried there as well. I wandere around for awhile it took awhile to find everything I was looking for. Then I took the metro over to the Louvre and walked around by the Tulleries and the outside of the Louvre. It was too beautiful of a stay to go inside, I'm saving that experience for when we come back in December. Paris is full of tourists now and it becomes overwhelming. It's becoming hard to get by not knowing a lot of French. Everyone knows English, they just do not want to speak it.


No comments: