Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The first day in Paris- Montmarte

Bonjour:
Day one of my excellent adventure....
As if I was not in love with Paris, seeing and experiencing it for real is a whole other thing. The sounds of vespas on the cobble stone streets, glasses being stacked by the waiter at the corner cafe, crepe stands on every corner, it truly is sensory overload. I am absolutely exhausted from the flight, my muscles ache from carrying my luggage, I have blisters, and I have been up for more than 24 hours straight. This evening we went and saw Sacre Coeur, walked around Pigalle (the red light district), ate dinner at a cafe outside (while I sipped on a kir of red wine of course). Afterwards I went for a walk by myself and grabbed some candy from the local market, I walked past the produce stand that they filmed Amelie in and I think I saw the guitarist from Hot Chip standing outside a cafe. Tomorrow we jump right into the course, with discussions and visits starting immediately. Also tomorrow and Thursday there is a concert being held by the Seine with Amy Winehouse, the Roots, REM, and the Streets, it would be cool to check out. I'm sitting in my hotel room by myself, getting ready to go to sleep. Our hotel is so cute, it is situated in a courtyard with a great cafe, fountain and bakery next to it. I just have to add that I have yet to see the Eiffel Tower, I just hope I see it tomorrow, because then I know I will be in Paris.

No comments: