Saturday, November 22, 2008

feeling good
























I'm feeling better these day. Yesterday I spent the day in Geneva researching at the United Nations library. It is a very inspiring atmosphere, and I feel so cool just wondering the grounds. All I have to do is flash them my pass and I'm in, how great is that? In the afternoon I had went to the MSF headquarters and had an amazing interview with Jean-Marc Biquet, the head researcher for MSF's thinktank UREPH. We talked for an hour and a half, on a range of issues. He had a great perspective on the life as a humanitarian. We focused on the ethics that surrounds humanitarian work and the difficulty of remaining independent in the 21st century, as that is what my research is focusing on. I walked out feeling motivated and strong. Then I went home and made rice pudding for everyone, it turned out so lovely. Now I'm leaving for a chalet in the Valais part of Switzerland for the weekend. It's snowing outside, so being in the mountains should be interesting...

No comments: