Wednesday, November 5, 2008

reflections

these past few days have been a blur, I'm running on four hours of sleep right now. I stayed up all night to watch the results come in from the election. I still have yet been able to formulate a proper sentence of how I feel about Obama's win. I am full of so much emotion, pride, hope, to name a few. I still cannot believe this is real. This campaign has gone on for almost two years, and it has finally come to an end. I have complete faith in Obama and what he will do as our president. Our country is burdened with so many issues that need immediate attention, the economy, the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, our health care system, and even our standing in the international community which has been so poorly damaged. There is a lot to be done, and we must all pull together, whether or not we voted for Obama. He faces an enormous task when he takes office January 20th, and I hope with all my heart that he will be able to live up to the many promises he has made which inspired so many people in America. So many people are counting on results, there is no other choice. I have regained a sense of pride in my country and have great faith in what we can do.

No comments: