Saturday, September 6, 2008

On the look out for Godard













































































































I had an interesting conversation with my host mom yesterday. It started by me being in awe of all her amazing film books on the book shelf across from my room. So then we started talking about French New Wave (as you know my favorite period), our favorite films, etc. Then she mentions a small detail about a particular director. Apparently Jean-Luc Godard's studio is across the street from my home in Rolle. Yup, Jean-Luc Godard one of my heroes. My host mother, Karen said I'll most likely see him wandering around town. But being that its Switzerland, and the Swiss are very reserve, I'm supposed to pretend he is no one special, ya I'm not sure about that. So starting now I am on the look out for Godard.

No comments: